The National Brass Band Contest of 2013
will be held in New Plymouth,
from 17th to 21st July.
host will be
The Devon Hotel New Plymouth Brass Band. They have a website up
with venue information, how to get there, contacts etc.
Even the Street March map.
Pieces were released on on Friday, 15 March.
Manager, Helen Hoy:
For queries about set music, regulations, document release and interpretation, contact Helen on 029 770 4588, or via the contact us page listings.
Event Management. Contact via their website
Click the Molto logo for their online shop
Note: Test Music: Editions from Molto Music are the officially correct editions.
Updates and Downloads
Updates and Downloads will become available sometime into 2013 as they become available as part of the planning for Contest 2013
Note on saving a pdf: Differing advice on this exists on the web. On the webmasters Windows machine, the triple key control+shift+S combo worked.
- Defining percussion ensembles, and the Gb in bar 127 of the Solo Horn.
- Newsletter #2: Test Pieces, Trophies, Helen Hoy. (pdf) Spell checked 19 Mar
- Newsletter #1, from the Contest Manager (pdf) 2012 -> 2013 on 4 Mar
- The initial flyer from the New Plymouth Committee (pdf)
Downloads (most recent updates first)
- List of Test Music (Band and Solo)(pdf) Spell checked 19 Mar
- Contest Entry Form Info (Word)
- Solo and Ensemble Entry Forms (Excel)
- Player registration (Excel)
- Player registration - additions (Excel)
- Assisting musicians (Word)
- Administrator of the year ; Accompanist of the year (Word)
Documents for Contest 2013 are added as prepared.
If modified, documents previously posted will be dated in red.
Future National Contests:
July 9 - 13, 2014
2015: Rotorua, July 8-12